Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Addition?

For the nine months I was pregnant Gavin said he was pregnant, too.  Whenever my baby kicked, also did Gavin's.  So, it would only be fitting that when Cannon was born, Gavin's baby leopard was born, too.  This is a stuffed animal he's had for a couple years, it wasn't until recently that leopard became a very helpless baby. 

All of a sudden leopard needs a diaper, because, like his little brother, Cannon, leopard doesn't know how to 'hold it' until he gets to the potty. I indulge this a little, but I draw the line when Gavin says leopard needs to be changed as often as Cannon.  Leopard is a one diaper kinda animal. 

Leopard needs to be soothed in the swing just like Cannon.  Gavin is very protective of his baby and even thinks Cannon should get kicked out of his swing if his leopard is upset and needs soothing. 

Cannon even kindly shares his wardrobe with leopard. 

Oh, this is the best part!  Gavin uses a toy screwdriver to, um, 'get the milk' from his boobies.  He even makes sound effects that sound kinda like soda coming from a soda fountain.  This is the funniest and yet strangest part of him caring for his baby.  I would assume that he's going to feed his leopard the way he sees me feeding Cannon, but this isn't how I feed Cannon.  I'm breastfeeding, not pumping or bottle feeding.  But, who am I to judge with the way a mother provides for her baby??

The screwdriver is then full of milk and given to leopard....on the nursing pillow, no less. 
I don't know how long baby leopard will be sticking around, although, he seems like a pretty good baby.  He sleeps through the night, never poops up his backside or pees on the front of his shirt, is okay being ignored for hours and hours, and is always where you left him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment