Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, February 5, 2011

4 Nights and 5 Days



It has been 4 nights and 5 days since I left my house.  The snow and ice have left us isolated from the outside world.  My family of four have been getting in lots of quality time exhausting all activities our house and the snow has to offer.  PJ's have become all-day wear, and basic hygiene like hair combing and teeth brushing has become somewhat optional.  We have been on a repeat cycle of eating, watching a movie, play outside, eating, lounging, another movie (or two!), and then start again! Amongst all this monotony we have managed to reach a few milestones.  Steve and I celebrated eight years of marriage on Tuesday, yah!  Gavin gave us a wonderful gift of finally not needing a diaper at night!  Yah, again!  It's a toss-up for which had me most excited.  Only kidding, of course, no more diapers win hands down!





The boys had a sword fight with icicles. They were very disappointed to discover after only one clash of the swords they crumbled into edible chunks.

 

When your sword lets you down, you eat it!

 
I cleaned out my pantry and made lots of desserts from all the food that I discovered. I should do this more often. I found some good eats!

This is our 'special' snowman.  Plungers for arms, Flash (a superhero) for a mouth, a grill lid for a helmet (because all snowmen need helmets, right?) All that and he barely measured twelve inches off the ground.   

Note:  Harrison's bed-head.  See, hair brushing has been optional!

No comments:

Post a Comment