Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Challenge?

To make a week's worth of meals having not been to the grocery store in two weeks. 

I really needed to purge the food from the fridge and freezer. 

It was difficult, but I was up for the challenge...


Day 1- Breakfast for dinner! Omlettes, pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, and fruit.  Yummy! 

Day 2- Fish sandwiches (otherwise called fish sticks put on a bun) sweet potato fries, broccoli and peaches from our peach tree. 

Day 3- Pizza.  I was finally able to use the last of the veggies!  And for dessert I made a hodge-podge sweet bread of blueberries, bananas, and carrots.  Okay, I have to admit I was the only one who ate the bread.  I had used up the eggs on 'breakfast for dinner' night and eggbeaters with carrot puree just made for a rather mushy combo.

Day 4- Country chicken casserole.  So excited when I found a desperately-needed bag of frozen corn in the bottom of the freezer--too bad the recipe ended up being a total bust.  The garbage disposal ate most of that meal.

Day 5- Cheesy shrimp pasta bake.  A frozen casserole that just needed to be eaten.  Told the kids it was mac 'n cheese and they loved it.

Day 6- Found some frozen flour tortillas from Central Market, added some chicken and cheese and !viola! Chips with salsa and the meal was complete!

Day 7- My challenge is almost over and my vacation is about to start.  Thank goodness, because I'm over trying to come up with meals from the depths of my freezer and I'm ready for a break!  Tonight it was Gyoza (chicken dumplings) with cous-cous. 

Atlantis, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment