Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2 Crafts In 2 Days?!?

I need to slow down before I hurt myself!

 We have been under a major remodel for months, (more to come about that later) as a result my life feels very out of my control.  So what is a controlling person to do when life seems too chaotic??  Make a ferocious to-do list listing everything that needs to be done in the house to make it 'complete'.

If I think about it large scale I'm overwhelmed and become swarmed with thoughts of it never being completed.  Instead, I'm tackling it one-by-one and lovingly crossing the items off the list to show me some accomplishment.

I was able to cross off two items and it was exciting, not only because I finished it, but also because it required me to craft!  I'm not a crafty person. My mother, however, takes the cake when it comes to bringing ideas to life.  She can almost pull the idea out of your head and make it work.  I tell her we're a great team-I'm R&D (research and development) and she makes it happen.  She bought me a sewing machine a few years ago in an attempt to merge these qualities.  Unfortunately, who really gets the most use out of it is this person and seeing as how she lives in Austin that isn't a lot.

I made curtains for Harrison and Gavin's room. I could be like Dixie on her blog and list the items needed, the cost involved, and level of difficulty.  But, with me, just assume any craft takes a lot of time, costs a lot of money because I have very little supplies and it's always difficult because I don't know what I'm doing.  


This was my first attempt at stitch-witchery.  
A little tedious, but Spidey holds the curtains together perfectly.  

Spidey doing his job.

The denim shade unzips in the middle to let the sunshine in.  Not too bad for my first curtains.  Although, I must admit, my mother was by my side the entire time guiding me. 



The camo fabric I sewed and then adhered to the
existing boring, white shade. I wanted a more utilitarian look
in the Army room instead of traditional curtains.


Who knows, maybe there's a future for me in the craft world.  I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment