Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, December 18, 2009

A Birthday Extravaganza

We decided not to have a big birthday party for Harrison this year. I'm not sure how it happened, but in hindsight a big birthday would have been smaller than the four-day-never-ending-small parties that took place. It started with a visit from Granddad (my dad), we went to the Ice at the Gaylord Hotel. The provided parkas were no match for the nine degrees they had to keep the place to maintain the ice sculptures.

'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' was the Ice theme. These sculptures are hand carved out of ice.

My big 4 year-old

Who says Geedge doesn't look like us??

I know, I get a little too animated sometimes with my excitement.


We had a dinner feast of lobster ('mobster' as Harrison calls it) This is Uncle Alex showing the boys the mobsters strength being able to hold a chopstick. The boys wanted to watch, but only at a distance. The table-mates at preschool Monday morning were captivated with Harrison's tales of mobster eating. ;)

A cute little cake for the birthday boys. Dad objected that he's really somewhere still on the hill.


After a robust dinner the birthday boys enjoyed some presents.


Gavin loves his pop-up book and even more having his Uncle Alex read it to him. Over and over.


No, I don't have a mouth full of food. This is an example of procrastination biting me in the toosh. This started as a cavity, untreated, it grew into needing a root canal, still untreated it grew into a raging infection in need of antibiotics STAT. I took more pain medication this weekend than with either of my c-sections. A 'toothache' isn't a strong enough word for this pain.



On Monday at preschool the kids feasted on pizza and cupcakes. Harrison picked the cupcake with 'H' on it. For Harrison, of course.

Takin' it way back and having a McDonald's party. It was just how I remembered them; Good fries, a yummy cake in a flimsy tin, and cute little party favors. Every child should have one of these parties in their memory bank.



The actual day of Harrison's birth we celebrated as a family with dinner at Sonic (Harrison's choice) and games at Chuck-E-Cheeses. This was definitely for my boy because both places are last on my fun list.

Harrison's birthday extravaganza ended with a dinner date with G-Jo on Tuesday. His birthday week was fun, though exhausting, for us all.












No comments:

Post a Comment