Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goodbye 20's.....You Were Good to Me

The bad news is I have turned 30. The good news is I was surrounded by loved ones and had a great time! My Aunt Patti and cousin Ashly came all the way from Michigan and spent the week with us. I would like to think they came only because of my birthday, but it also coincided with Ashly's graduation from nursing school (magna cum laud, go Ashly!) and she needed a well deserved vacay before she turns her life over to the PICU.

I had been ridiculously cleaning my house because Aunt Pat is a self-proclaimed germafobe! We had our floors stripped and waxed T-minus 18 hours from their arrival. The guys did a terrible job and left wax all over my house. I was having a minor major meltdown trying to clean up their mess. My brother, Justin, tried to comfort me saying "Gretch, it's okay, Pat will understand. You have two small kids." I took his advice to stop cleaning and enjoyed the day.

Mom and I picked Aunt Pat and Ashly up at the airport, fashionably late, of course. Ashly quickly pointed out that her mom, Pat, disinfected her airplane seat with handi-wipes before she sat down! OMG!! I started to sweat again.

If Pat was bothered by my house she didn't show it. She was a trooper! My aunts and cousins are the sisters I never had. I love them and the time we spend together. They love my kids and make them feel special. If only we all lived closer. *sigh*

My birthday dinner was fish tacos, sushi, chips with queso and Sprinkle cupcakes for dessert! We quatered the cupcakes so we could try all the different flavors. My favorite is a toss between strawberry and coconut. Yummy!


Steve surprised me with a big family trip to Mexico and a beautiful smokey quartz ring. I love that guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment