Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Boy Knows What He Wants

Gavin and I are snuggling and hugging and he's squeezing me extra hard and I say,

Me: "Gavin, how did I get so lucky to be your Momma?"

Gavin: "I dunno."

Me: "I think the only person who is going to be as lucky as me will be your wife one day." She will be lucky if the saying holds true that you can tell how a man will treat his wife by how he treats his mother.  Gavin, by far, seeks my affection and approval more than anyone else in our family.

Gavin: "Ew, I'm never getting married."

Me: "I promise you will get married one day." I'm hoping to get him to a reasonable age before he gets married.  I know this boy, he is going to fall hard and fast for a girl!

Gavin: "Well, when I get married will I still be able to come over?"

Me: "Yes, of course! I hope you and your family come to visit often."

Gavin: "What if my wife doesn't look very good?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Gavin: as he's touching my hair "What if she has short hair like a boy?  I really, really don't want her to have short hair like a boy.  I want it to be loooonnnnggg."


Just so we're clear--at the ripe age of five Gavin knows he does not want this:


 And would much rather have this...

No comments:

Post a Comment