I know to pro-photoshoppers this is elementary. But, I was impressed with my ability to draw on a map outlining where we've been in the past month. Enjoy!
It's been over a month since I last posted. June has been (quite possibly) the busiest month I've lived to tell about. I'll summarize what we've done in a list format, as this has been the only way I've managed to keep my head above water.
♫ This post should be hummed to the tune of 'I've been everywhere, man' ♫
- We loaded up all of our worldly goods in a semi-truck (we have way too much stuff, by the way), said goodbye to our neighbors and bid farewell to Greenville, South Carolina.
Toonce, the cat, enjoyed perusing the car stopping to visit each of the kids.
- Drove all night long to Miami, Florid,a to visit with my Dad....but only for a day....
- Because then we loaded back up and headed to Cape Coral, Florida, to have a wonderful visit with my GrandmotherJane. I just love that lady and the time we're able to spend together.
- Squeezed in a visit with Aunt Melissa, Gavin's Godmother, Sarah, and cousin, Rylan, in Naples, Florida. We spent the afternoon swimming, playing, and snacking on a yummy lunch!
- Back to Miami, Florida, to get ready for our big trip to the Dominican Republic!
- Spent a wonderful week at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic!! (that deserves a blog post all its own)
- Back to Miami, Florida, for a couple more relaxing days before the kids and I boarded a flight to...
- Return to TEXAS!
- This brings us to where we are in present day- camping out at my mom's house, spending afternoons with the Bergmans, and getting caught up with friends we have missed dearly. Steve has stayed behind in Florida to attend a seminar for his job and is gearing up to make the 23+ hour drive back to Texas. It's debatable as to which one of us drew the 'shorter straw'- flying with three young children or driving alone from Florida to Texas.
The kids and I made a trip to TCU to pick up my transcripts for my new/old job. It resulted in an impromptu tour of the campus showing them where I lived and where their parents married. It was entertaining answering Harrison's questions about college and what it's like to live in the dorms he called hotels.
- Oh, and I'm trying to find us a place to live, too! Strong house possibility on the horizon, we'll keep our fingers crossed that it goes a little more smoothly than our South Carolina adventure.